Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Quatro

So I apologize for not updating for so long. That will not happen again. Once a week is my goal and from now on I will hit it. Promises.
So I have had my wisdom teeth out. Without jinxing myself, I have to say I have been really lucky with it so far. The doctor was awesome and prescribed me this anti-anxiety medicine to take before the operation, as well as a numbing lotion to put on my arms where the IV goes on (I know, I'm a baby). The anti-anxiety medicine didn't seem to do much, but the numbing lotion absolutely did. I felt nothing, and was out like a light.
When I woke up I was as groggy as hell. I came home and went to sleep. That was yesterday at 10 AM, and since then I have had no need for the painkillers I got, which is Hydrocodone. I'm hoping to sell it for some coinage.
In my medicated stupor, I ordered this awesome watch from England. I've had my eye on it for a while, and it was sold out the last few times I checked for it.
But as for the operation, it just feels a little stiff and bruised. Nothing to call home about. I ate a little sushi about 6 hours after the operation. I only got two wisdom teeth removed (because I only had two), and one was coming up, so that one was more like a toothpull than anything. I can chew on that side. During my recovery I'm hoping to stay on top of all S*D Friend Requests on Myspace, as well as booking more bar-shows (WE NEED MONEY!), and finally, recording demo versions of the five songs we're going into the studio to record in 4 weeks.

IN DISCOUNT NEWS:
Well we have some plans. As of right now, it basically looks like we're going to do a total change up with everything. All brand new shirts, new stickers, new pins, new songs, new merch booth, new website/myspace. I'll explain...
We're going to be doing at least two new shirts - a RILOD shirt and a Tom's Not A Virgin Anymore shirt. I'd like to do one more new one but I'm not sure of what yet. My cousin Patrick who helps out with a lot of S*D stuff has suggested a Beard Year shirt but I don't know how much interest there is in Beard Year.
We're talking to a company about doing these huge vinyl sticks ala this Celtics one which I think will be really cool. As with those stickets, we're going to do new pins, with the "shattered star" design.
I'd like to re-do our merch table a little. Right now, all our shirts are attached to the table, and I'd like to have them so they are on a stand behind us, and have the table more open to other things (reviews and articles about us - stuff that's not just for sale but that people can just come check out and look at).
The new website, I think, is going to kick some ass. The design isn't started yet but I have ideas for the entire thing in my head. We're working with a great new web designer named Steve. He's an awesome guy who's wicked nice and that's all going into production soon. I'm working on it now, and I want it to be the most content-full and interactive site we've ever done. We also want to port it to the myspace so that both sites have the exact same content on them.
We haven't gotten the new song ("...And That's Goodbye") back from White Noise, we're waiting on that. We keep hearing good things from them about it, which excites me, but I'm still extremely anxious to hear it, and as soon as we do, we're going to try to debut it on WBRU with the release of the compilation album that it's being released on.
Like I said earlier, I'm going through the process of finishing up all the songs we're going to re-record in October - Explode RI, I'm Crazy, That Bitch Not So Bad, Ataxia (bluegrass), and Caley's Song (acoustic) - and I'm really considering putting violin in Caley's Song. I don't have a violin which makes it difficult to write, but I've written violin lines before on guitar and they've come out exactly as I'd hoped so I'm thinking about that.
We have an idea - it's not set in stone yet - but I wanted to do a Senior Discount Fan Appreciation night in October (probably the weekend before Halloween, and make it Halloween-themed).
The night would be at a smaller venue (maybe 250 - 300 capacity) include 5 - 6 bands all doing acoustic sets, and S*D would sell all their merch for half-off that night, and run crazy special deals, like a one-night-only DVD release (possibly 8 of the most popular site videos). I'd also like to include our five new songs for free that night, but I do not believe they will be mixed and mastered by then. I'm sure we'll find a way to incorporate it in somehow. We actually also want to do a bake sale at the show, with all Discount-themed treats. Poop Kisses, Crustaches - could be lots of fun.
We want to do it through BRU, and so far we have asked Penrose, LLTS, Someday Prov and the Midnight Renewal if they'd be down. No word yet but I'm hoping they'll be cool with it. A big acoustic thing like that would be really huge and really cool. I love playing out for our regular shows, but I also like to do something different every once in a while. I really think that adds to everything. Doing special stuff for the fans.
After that, we will be releasing the five songs, and along with them, we will be doing a very special show in November. I don't know if it's been announced anywhere but this is the secret show we've been talking about.
On November 28th, Senior Discount will be joining Bad Larry at the Living Room for a reunion show. Bad Larry's final show was three years ago and this will be on the exact day they had that show with us back then. It will be huge and amazing and I hope everyone is as excited as I am for it. We're hopefully doing a video for it. I have to talk to them still about it.
So that's the update - like I said, we're still looking for shirt ideas, so if you have any, send them our way. We're also looking for any and all internet content for the new website, so if you have any pictures or videos or ANYTHING, let us know, and we'll get it on there.
All ideas or requests are welcome as well.
Also, if you get a chance, Tom Gabel from Against Me! does a blog on here too, so check it out here. It's awesome, and much more interesting than my blog, simply because he's Tom Gabel and I'm Chuck Staton.
- chuckstaton

0 comments: