Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chuck Staton is a hero

Well, I've accomplished one of the most important things that I ever will accomplish, so I decided to post it here.
I usually stray away from my specific "modding"/"piracy" involvement, but not when it's something as important as this is.
Long ago, I fell in love with a certain video game peripheral for the Super Nintendo. It was called the Super Scope Six.

The only game I had that worked with the Super Scope?
Yoshi's Safari.

Yoshi's Safari (called "Yoshi Road Hunting" in Japan) is a "rail-shooter" (a first person shooter that moves on it's own - you know, like in arcades) where you are Mario, with a huge bazooka (the Super Scope Six), and you kill enemies while riding Yoshi.
The story was that King Koopa (and his no-good kids) had taken a bunch of jewels from Jewelry Land (this is true) and you had to go through levels and defeat them one-by-one.


Anyway - I just found out last night that you could put an emulator on the Wii that emulates SNES games. I have no need for this really, but I downloaded it and threw it on just to see if it had Super Scope support (you know, because the Wii-motes all have the lightgun capabilites).
Needless to say, it did.

Through hours of index-finger torment, I overcame all the Koopas, including one that looked suspisciously like Tom Wells riding a giant frog

and King Koopa, who liked he had been combined with Shredder from the Ninja Turtles.


I really want to acknowledge God on this one. I think he'd be the most....jealous.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Is Tom Wells riding that giant frog? Or is he, uh, "riding" that giant frog?

Patrick said...

brad is gross....congrats on your victory.