Sunday, May 17, 2009

Uncharted 2/ GH 5 details

Okay let's get this out of the way first - GH 5 is going to be the next step.
I've always disliked the lack of design and detail in Rock Band. It's just boring. Playing the songs with your friend is fun (although easier than GH) but the game itself is boring - GH has always been better, design-wise and all-around feel-wise.
But Rock Band ALWAYS had the upper hand, because whenever a new Rock Band game came out, you could add all the songs to your newest library (meaning when Rock Band 2 came out, I transferred my 60 or 70 Rock Band 1 songs to my Rock Band 2 library and sold my Rock Band 1 game back to Gamestop, and still had all the songs). Same thing with DLC songs for any Rock Band game...I have almost 300 songs in my Rock Band library.
GH never had this option - if I want to play "Jessica" (featured in GH 2) I have to go back to that old game disc to do so - and now there have been five GH games for Xbox 360 (seven by this fall). This also means if you bought DLC songs for GH 3, they don't show up in GH 4.
GH 5 details have been revealed - what's been added is DLC support for GH 4 (which means all DLC bought from last October and from now on) will work with it, and also that as many players can play an instrument at a time as you want (four people can jam out on four guitars - or drums, or vocals - together on one song).
These are awesome steps, but I'm hoping to God they will allow you to add the GH songs from previous games to your GH 5 library (to an extent: keep reading), and allow song additions from there on out - and I think this is possible, because starting with GH 4, each game came with a unique user code (just like Rock Band games). So far they've been used to get some free songs (GH 4) and some codes haven't been used at all (Metallica) - but because these same codes have been included in Rock Band solely for the purpose of adding that game's songs to one big library, I'm thinking this is what they will do (especially now that they are releasing all the old, pre-drum/mic songs with drums and vocals, in new games) and it looks to be that way. Let's all hope together.

and the reason I posted - five minutes of unbelievable Uncharted 2 footage:

0 comments: